DragonDagger 317
Welcome to DragonDagger's Official Forums!
Enjoy your stay.
DragonDagger 317
Welcome to DragonDagger's Official Forums!
Enjoy your stay.
DragonDagger 317
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DragonDagger 317

DragonDagger's Official Forums

HomeDDLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Donations welcomed, we're trying to get the golden server position on runelocus server status page!
Webclient is OUT! Click Play Now in the Forums Homepage

how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angelife
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
angelife

DD Posts DD Posts : 173

how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =] Empty
PostSubject: how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]   how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:27 am

ok well i made this a while ago, like in march and its been on runelocus every since. so now since everyone bugs me about pf'ing. im just gonna bring my guide over 2 here,and also cuz i havent made a guide in like 5 days o.O

---------start----------
Purpose:
to show dlink users how to portforward there routers.

Assumed Knowledge
english,the ability to follow directions.

Difficulty
ehhh around 4/10 or so. its not that hard when you have someone explaining what to do

chapters:

1.getting your default gateway

1b.getting your default gateway if the cmd part doesnt work for you.

2.logging into your router

3.getting to the portforward section

4.portforwarding

5.credits

-=-=-=-=-=-=-CHAPTER 1-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Getting your default gateway is the key part in portforwarding, because without it you can't log into your router and start portforwarding.

to get your default gateway you do this. go to your start menu, then click "RUN" and it should open up the run thingy. When thats open, type in CMD and press enter. It should open up your computers CMD. saying something similar to
Quote :
C:/documents and settings/(yourloginnamehere
. When that opens up type in this
Quote :
ipconfig
it should show lots of things like
Quote :
IP ADDRESS ########
but dont wory about any of that. all you need is your dafault gateway which should be something along the lines of "192.168.0.1" the last 2 numbers could be different. thats fine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-CHAPTER 1B.-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ok for all the people (like me) that can't get the cmd part to work. here's what you do. i find it much more easier and much quicker because it tells you 2 things at once. Go over to your router and on the bottom it shows you what all the lights mean and stuff like that. To the left of that it should say something similar to

Quote :
default router settings:

Ip:192.168.0.1

User:Admin

Password: "" (leave the field blank)

The IP is your default gateway.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-CHAPTER 2 logging into your router:-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ok this part(and probably the next chapter also) are probably the easiest of this guide.it's so simple anyone without any computer experience could do it.What you do is

1.open up your internet browser

2.in the URL address bar type in your default gateway(for dlink users it should be 192.168.0.1) and then press enter or click go(whatever you do when you type in a URL link.) then it will take you to your routers login page.

3. for the username it should already say
Quote :
admin
if it doesnt then for the username type in
Quote :
Admin
and for the password just leave it blank.Then login and your ready to go.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=CHAPTER 3, GETTING TO THE PORTFORWARDING SECTION:-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ok now i belive this is the easiest of them all. if you can't get to this then you should really get your IQ checked..

its a 2 step process

1.at the top bar it says
Quote :
setup

Quote :
advanced
and

Quote :
tools

Click on advanced. it should then bring you to a page with lots of box's (some filled in with 0.0.0.0)

LEAVE ALL OF THESE AS THEY ARE!THIS ISNT THE PORTFORWRD SECTION

on the sidebar there's lots of different options but what we are looking for is "portforwarding". so click on that and then it takes you to a page thats similar to the first one.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-CHAPTER 4, PORT FORWARDING:-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ok for the box that says
Quote :
name
above it. this is what you put. remember when you we're making the firewall acceptions? ok for the name you put the name that you made your firewall accept. if you didnt do that then i suggest you do. if you dont use a firewall then your computer is probably filled with viruses. if you dont have a firewall running then make the name
Quote :
RSPS(or whatever you want it to be)
. for the ip address. click the bar that says "computer name" and find the computer name that has your computer ip address.

IF THAT DOESNT LET PEOPLE CONNECT THEN KEEP TRYING THE OTHER IPS UNTILL PEOPLE CAN CONNECT. once you find your computer name click on it then click the arrows next to it. and it will put your ip address in the ip address box. for the
Quote :
ports to open
section. for both TCP and UDP put 43594. and finally make the schedual "always" and the inbound filter should already be on "allow all"

when your done with that. click the little check box on the left of all that. and click save settings

(the check box means that your allowing this portforward, if its not checked then the portforwarding will do nothing.)

AND CONGRATS YOUR DONE WITH YOUR PORFORWARDING!

credits:

100% to me because i typed this guide up and didnt use any other guides work in the process.

if this really confuses you and you need pictures. then post saying that you need them and i'll add them on eventually.

IF YOUR A FLAMER AND YOU JUST WANNA POST SHIT ON MY THREAD THEN PUT THIS AT THE BEGINING OF YOUR POST
Quote :
[FLAME]
SO I KNOW YOUR A FLAMER AND I DONT HAVE TO WASTE MY TIME READING YOUR SHIT.

if you see this anywhere else besides runelocus.com it is leached!
Back to top Go down
pker for ev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
pker for ev

DD Posts DD Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]   how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:06 am

ROFL i just did that to make my server... and it said it was the hardest one...thats bull
Back to top Go down
angelife
Global Administrator
Global Administrator
angelife

DD Posts DD Posts : 173

PostSubject: Re: how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]   how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:16 am

well it kinda is in a way. some people dont have the same version as me so things are moved.. the pass is diff blah blah blah. bunch of crap. but if you have a guide like mine its easy =]
Back to top Go down
pker for ev
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
pker for ev

DD Posts DD Posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]   how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:11 pm

owlfanatic77 wrote:
well it kinda is in a way. some people dont have the same version as me so things are moved.. the pass is diff blah blah blah. bunch of crap. but if you have a guide like mine its easy =]
lol yea i bet but i have to host another server i think but i dont know where the ip adress is so i can host it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]   how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to pf(portforward) with dlink routers =]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DragonDagger 317  :: General :: Guide Section-
Jump to: